Thursday, May 6, 2010

Time Flies

It has been over a month since I have written here.  I blame vacation, spring busy-ness, kiddos in school, among other things.  My baby plants have sprouted in the window and I'm hoping that they will limp along just fine until I plant them outside this weekend, along with seeds, and hopefully after Mother's Day, some other plants as well.

In the meantime, I'm on a heavy stint of freezer de-stashing - we must make space by using up last year's goods so that we can pack away this year's goods as well.  I am looking forward to freshly grilling meat and veggies on the BBQ all summer - I think that it's one of my favorite parts of summer.

Riley has asked to give her mom some chives and a pepper plant from our baby plants for Mother's Day.  Hopefully she will enjoy them and maybe they'll even give her an actual pepper or two... ;-)

I also decided that it was time to start re-covering furniture in the house.  I have the material, and now I need some trim, some velcro, and a lot of patience (I have a zipper).  But it will be (or hopefully will be) beautiful when it's done.

No comments: