In my third year of attempting-to-grow things, I am taking new and interesting steps towards feeling productive and successful.
Over the weekend, we moved the majority of the second tier of the old ground cherry planter up to the front of the backyard, where we will now use it for vegetables. We got all the stones moved, and now we just need some pavers to cover the tops, and dirt to fill in. We also picked up a Jiffy starter greenhouse to start our ground cherries, and I also picked up seeds for bell peppers, serrano peppers, and chives, to try to start those from scratch as well.
I also have seeds for:
carrots
beans
broccolini
greens
basil
cucumbers
And then I also want to grow:
mint
thyme
rosemary
oregano
tomatoes
And of course, some flowers. We're going to plant some simple wildflowers in the old ground cherry planter in the back, and then do some petunias, etc., along the side of the house.
All in all, I feel like we're making progress on the garden. I really want to do a drip system this year, to make watering the vegetables, at least, a lot easier, but I know that's not necessarily possible. We'll hope, though.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment